Have markets hit bottom since the latest round of U.S. China trade blows? Time will tell, but the worst day of 2019 has just occurred. That said, as the chart at the left indicates, the markets are still up overall for 2019, and year-over-year are still plus too. Almost all manufactured home industry connected stocks likewise slid, as the report that follows documents.
Every evening our headlines snapshots from two major media outlets on each side of the left-right news spectrum reflects topics that influence, reflect, or move investor sentiment. In moments, you can get insights-at-a-glance. This sets the broader context for manufactured housing markets, in keeping with our mantra, “©.
We begin with left-of-center CNN followed by right-of-center Fox Business. We share closing tickers and other related data courtesy of Yahoo Finance, and more. 5 to 10 minutes reading this MHProNews market report every business night could save you 30 minutes to an hour of similar reading or fact-gathering elsewhere.
left-of-center CNN Business.
· STOCKS HAVE WORST DAY OF 2019
· Dow plunges 767 points after China devalues its currency
· ANALYSIS The US-China trade war has always been serious. It’s starting to get scary
· INVESTORS ARE NERVOUS Bond yields are plunging around the globe
· The US and China may be headed for a currency war
· Chinese companies halt purchases of US agricultural products
· Tech stocks are on their longest losing streak since Trump was elected
· Gun stocks rise after mass shootings and Trump’s call for stronger background checks
· Vix volatility index spikes 33%
· Hong Kong stocks slammed by protests and the US-China trade war
· ANALYSIS Trump is playing a dangerous game with America’s economy
· What would happen if Walmart stopped selling guns
· USA Today owner Gannett merges with GateHouse Media to form massive newspaper company
· The Fed is getting into the real-time payments business
· 8chan struggling to stay online after its alleged use by El Paso shooting suspect
· Coca-Cola’s ‘Love is Love’ ads spark backlash from top Hungarian politician
· Fake meat is the future. Here’s why
· Elizabeth Warren wants to change the bankruptcy code. Here’s what that could mean for US workers
· Luxury homes in the Hamptons are selling at some pretty steep discounts
· Looking to sell your home? Make sure it has web appeal
· This bunk bed is $1,200 a month
· Making an old home healthier for you and the environment
· Silicon Valley’s real estate market is finally cooling
· AMAZON’S NEXT MOVE
· Why Jeff Bezos may need India’s richest man
· Amazon’s Dash button experiment is over
· eBay claims Amazon tried to recruit top sellers
· Why Bezos sold $1.8 billion worth of Amazon stock
· Walmart, Amazon and Ikea sued over Edison light bulbs
right-of-center Fox Business.
· DOW TANKS 767 POINTS IN WORST DAY OF THE YEAR FOR STOCKS
· China just threw its next punch in the trade war
· How China tariffs could affect your wallet this back-to-school season
· Trump’s China tariffs not affecting US consumer: White House trade adviser
· US-CHINA TRADE WAR GETS UGLIER: HERE’S WHAT’S HAPPENING
· President Trump and the Chinese have taken their trade war to a new level.
· Amazon beware: FedEx and UPS have a plan to compete on the weekend
· Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway has more cash than ever: Here are companies he could buy
· San Francisco ‘treat?’ Homeowners flocking to these suburbs for a ‘deal’
· Violent video games don’t cause mass shootings, argues industry in response to Trump
· California city devastated by wildfire reportedly fears ‘exodus’: Here’s why
· Trump suggests China’s ‘historic currency manipulation’ is a good sign for Americans, here’s why
· Financial firms fleeing high-tax northeast for billionaire-packed Florida county
· Google Camp backlash rages on: Climate change backers use 114 private jets, Maseratis and mega yachts
· After El Paso Walmart shooting, advice for retailers from security experts
· You can pay to stay at this ‘Bachelor in Paradise’ resort
· Google in lawmakers’ crosshairs over alleged ‘misuse’ of temporary, contract workers
· CMA Fest: Here’s the net worth of today’s country stars
· NFL quarterback contracts: How Tom Brady’s salary ranks among the rest
· Retirement calculator: How much you need to save
· Buying a home? This mortgage mistake can cost you
· Celebs flocking to Google climate change conference in private jets
· First A.I.-powered bar in London
· Fundamentals don’t point to oil being this low: Energy analyst
Lancing a boil is ugly and can be painful.
During all of the 21st century, and during the much of the last 2 decades of the 20th century, China was in practice given a pass on trade issues that have resulted in a loss of manufacturing from the United States and other countries. China isn’t the only nation the U.S. has had issues with, but it is arguably the most serious, because they have the world’s largest military, and one of the largest nuclear arsenals on the planet.
Democrats and Republicans alike have allowed troubling trade practices to fester.
There is a likelihood that China has made the calculation that they will try to roil the U.S. economy, and de facto help Democratic challengers to president Trump.
With that backdrop, the following from CNBC.
· Wall Street analysts warn that the U.S. trade war with China has escalated significantly and will likely intensify in the coming months.
· This is “a new and potentially more volatile phase,” Compass Point told investors.
· China’s response to new U.S. tariffs is “designed to get the President’s attention,” Cowen says.
Some of these firms invest in manufactured housing, or are otherwise connected, but may do other forms of investing or business activities too.
- NOTE: The chart below includes the Canadian stock, ECN, which purchased Triad Financial Services.
- NOTE: Drew changed its name and trading symbol at the end of 2016 to Lippert (LCII).
· LCI Industries, Patrick, UFPI, and LP all supply manufactured housing.
· AMG, CG and TAVFX have investments in manufactured housing related businesses.
Your link to an example of industry praise for our coverage, is found here and here. For the examples of our kudos linked above…plus well over 1,000 positive, public comments, we say – “Thank You for your vote of confidence.”
· For expert manufactured housing business development or other professional services, click here.
· To sign up in seconds for our industry leading emailed headline news updates, click here.
· Disclosure. MHProNews holds no positions in the stocks in this report.
“We Provide, You Decide.” © ## (News, analysis and commentary.)
(Image credits and information are as shown above, and when provided by third parties, are shared under fair use guidelines.)